[Allstar Digital] DMRGateway test Master online

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Tue Dec 15 18:44:37 EST 2015

David,
When NW Digital radio announced the DV3000 we jumped at them. Mike
bought one and I bought two. I'm very glad we did. It gave us a chance
to start the development early. Took quite a while to get to this point,
but what the heck.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 12/15/2015 05:30 PM, David KE6UPI wrote:
> Well theirs is always Ebay to sell something that I can't use.. I'll
> play ball and get the USB one.. What the hack it's only 20 bucks more..
>
> Now stop it. (LOL)
>
> David
>

> On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 2:21 PM, Mike Zingman <mike.zingman at gmail.com
> <mailto:mike.zingman at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     So, with all that said.  The USB version has some advantages with
>     all of this.  It does not require a PI.  It can be used on other
>     computers.  It is smaller.....
>

>     On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 5:19 PM, David KE6UPI <dshaw at ke6upi.com
>     <mailto:dshaw at ke6upi.com>> wrote:
>
>         Well I'm cheap (LOL) and the DV3000 is 20 bucks cheaper. I'll
>         get one ordered.
>
>         Thanks, David
>
>         On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 2:16 PM, Mike Zingman
>         <mike.zingman at gmail.com <mailto:mike.zingman at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>             David,
>
>             We are using the DV3000.  We have NOT tested the ThumbDV.
>             It will probably work, but without testing it (we do not
>             have one) I can not tell you if the gateway will work
>             without issues.
>
>             Mike
>

>             On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 5:09 PM, John D. Hays
>             <john at hays.org <mailto:john at hays.org>> wrote:
>
>                 http://nwdigitalradio.com/thumbdv-vs-dv3000
>
>                 On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 1:17 PM, David KE6UPI
>                 <dshaw at ke6upi.com <mailto:dshaw at ke6upi.com>> wrote:
>
>                     Thanks Michael, Looking at the link should I buy
>                     the DV3000 or the DV3000u? What do you think?
>
>                     David
>
>                     On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 12:51 PM, Michael Hebert
>                     <mhebert1975 at gmail.com
>                     <mailto:mhebert1975 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>                         The dv4mini and the DV3000 are 2 different
>                         things. You will need the DV3000 to decode and
>                         encode the AMBE data to/from All star PCM
>
>                         Node 2084 <----> USRP <-----DMRGateway <-----
>                         ambe_audio <---- Test Master
>                         DV3000
>
>                         http://nwdigitalradio.com/products
>

>                         On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 2:43 PM, David KE6UPI
>                         <dshaw at ke6upi.com <mailto:dshaw at ke6upi.com>>
>                         wrote:
>
>                             Duh I found the DMRGateway
>                             app. /usr/local/bin/DMRGateway
>
>                             So a ran DMRGateway and get an error.
>
>                             root at DMR:/var/log/dmrlink# DMRGateway
>                             DMRLink Gateway
>                             dev: /dev/null
>                             Audio In/Out Device: /dev/null
>                             Open UDP listener on 127.0.0.1:1234
>                             <http://127.0.0.1:1234>
>                             Open USRP on 127.0.0.1:32001
>                             <http://127.0.0.1:32001>
>                             DV3000 not found at 127.0.0.1:2460
>                             <http://127.0.0.1:2460>
>                             DV3000 not found!, aborting.
>
>                             Are we using the DV4Mini in place of the
>                             DV3000?
>
>                             David
>

>                             On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 9:30 AM, Mike
>                             Zingman <mike.zingman at gmail.com
>                             <mailto:mike.zingman at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>                                 David,
>
>                                 Where is the DMRGateway app?
>
>                                 On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 12:26 PM,
> [...]

"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic