[Allstar Digital] DV4MINI working

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Thu Dec 17 06:36:30 EST 2015

There are a couple of ways to run the DV4Mini plugged into RPi and not
have to run a GUI on the RPi.

1: As David said, run the dv_serial program on the RPi and dv4minni.exe
on the your Windows or Linux Desktop. Mike can comment on the Mac.

2: Under Linux, add xauth to to Pi (apt-get install xauth) then from the
desktop ssh -X ip.of.the.Pi. Run mono dv4mini.exe

3: 2: Under Windows, add xauth to to Pi (apt-get install xauth) install
a XWindow server under windows
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/xming/files/Xming/> Then use PuTTY to
connect to the Pi. Run mono dv4mini.exe

Lots of fun.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 12/16/2015 11:05 PM, Michael Hebert wrote:

> Hmm... I didn't think about that. It goes to show there is more than
> one way to accomplish the task and there is definitely no right or
> wrong way.
>
> I might have burn dial onto a sd card and check it out.
>
> On Dec 16, 2015 9:58 PM, "David KE6UPI" <dshaw at ke6upi.com
> <mailto:dshaw at ke6upi.com>> wrote:
>
>     Nice Michael, You can control DV4mini on you RPi using your
>     desktop running only the DV4Mini control panel. I downloaded DIAL
>     for the RPi. You can setup a node then I install mono-complete. I
>     then downloaded dv_serial.
>
>     David
>
>     On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 7:40 PM, Michael Hebert
>     <mhebert1975 at gmail.com <mailto:mhebert1975 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>         Robert and group,
>
>         I am running this on my RPI and it works great. After raspbian
>         loads, it waits 20 seconds and then runs dv4mini. It also has
>         VNC access already setup.
>
>         http://www.a23-wertheim.de/downloads/raspberry-pi/dv4mini/file/14-dv4mini-raspberrypi-mit-vnc-und-autostart
>
>         Michael KD5DFB
>

>         On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 2:45 PM, Michael Hebert
>         <mhebert1975 at gmail.com <mailto:mhebert1975 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>             Robert,
>
>             I am running one of my dv4mini on a RPi with no problems.
>             I am traveling this afternoon. I will send the info tonight.
>
>             Michael KD5DFB
>

>             On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 2:31 PM, Robert Newberry
>             <N1XBM at amsat.org <mailto:N1XBM at amsat.org>> wrote:
>
>                 Sorry Steve, I'm so used to email list slapping
>                 people's Pee-pees for leaving the quotes on that I've
>                 made a habit of turning it off. I will try to remember
>                 to leave it on. The eventual goal is to run my dv4mini
>                 on a pi.
>
>                 For now I'll do the host file mod on my ubuntu machine
>                 since it's only temporary.
>
>                 N1XBM
>                 Apparare Scientor
>                 Paratus Communicare
>                 Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086, 42658
>
>                 On Dec 16, 2015 3:28 PM, "Steve Zingman"
>                 <szingman at msgstor.com <mailto:szingman at msgstor.com>>
>                 wrote:
>
>                     It is, but it's hard to understand what you are
>                     talking about since there is no quoted text.
>
>                     On 12/16/2015 3:25 PM, Robert Newberry wrote:
>>
>>                     Well my laptop running ubuntu is a 32 bit
>>                     machine. I noticed that dv4m.ham.dmr.ch
>>                     <http://dv4m.ham.dmr.ch> only offers a 64 bit
>>                     download for 15th December 2015.
>>
>>                     I reinstalled the 25th September 2015 and
>>                     everything works again.
>>
>>                     So for the lack of information, I figured it was
>>                     "encouraged" to read the documentation and work
>>                     thru the problem myself. Rather than asking
>>                     someone to solve it for me.
>>
>>                     N1XBM
>>                     Apparare Scientor
>>                     Paratus Communicare
>>                     Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086, 42658

"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic