[Allstar Digital] MMDVM and DMRlink

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Sun Dec 27 17:46:29 EST 2015

Michael,
It is very early in the life of the MMDVM. Jonathan, G4KLX is working on
the software to support D-STAR DMR and Fusion. The MMDVM software offers
a base hardware with firmware that can be updated as improvements
require. We have worked with the code for HBR that was included with the
MMDVMHost and it looks that will be first. It will create a generic
method to connect DMRlink to Home Brew Repeaters and maybe repeater
manufactures looking to include a standard protocol with their repeaters.

The DV4Mini looks like a good piece of hardware to create personal hot
spot or access points into the digital networks. If you don't have a
local digital repeater, the DV4M will get you access to the same places
the digital repeaters go.

Steve