[Allstar Digital] Thoughts on VoIP to DV3000

Matthew Pitts daywalker_blade_2004 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 6 20:35:59 EST 2015

Steve,

I'm not certain about the Hytera repeaters, but Motorola MotoTRBO repeaters require purchase of a code to be entered in the CPS to enable telephone interconnection, which is sort of what we would be doing. I also know that a ham in Europe was experimenting with connecting a Hytera repeater to Asterisk via the Hytera telephone interconnection port.

Matthew Pitts
N8OHU

On November 6, 2015 1:30:42 PM EST, Steve Zingman <szingman at msgstor.com> wrote:
>Matthew,
>Can you expand on 2?
>
>Steve
>
>On 11/6/2015 7:45 AM, Matthew Pitts wrote:
>> All right guys,
>>
>> Here are some of my thoughts on this:
>>
>> 1) We will need the DV3000 to get D-STAR AMBE into the system.
>>
>> 2) We should be able to get DMR audio into it without needing an
>external AMBE chip; however, it may require an addition to the repeater
>programming software that isn't standard to activate the capabilities.
>>
>> 3) Wires-X is an unknown at this point, though I suspect we can
>accommodate it somehow.
>>
>> Matthew Pitts
>> N8OHU

Sent from my Moto X with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.