[Allstar Digital] DV4mini vs DV3000

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Thu Nov 26 06:48:15 EST 2015

Michael,
It's not DV4Mini vs DV3000, They do different jobs. The DV4Mini is a
programmable digital radio. With the current software from the guys that
designed the radio, You can use it as a "hot spot" on D-Star, Fusion and
DMR+ There is no conversion to to analog. It's a nice device and I have
1, The software has issues and I KNOW there are other people working on
replacement software. The DV4Mini with the right software will make a
great hot spot for people with a digital radio out of range of a local
digital repeater.

The DV3000 is a AMBE vocoder. It will decode a number of digital audio
formats to analog and analog to digital formats. The DV3000 we use is
mounted on a Raspberry Pi, but it could be a USB device.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 11/26/2015 12:21 AM, Michael Hebert wrote:
> What are the pros and cons DV4mini vs DV3000?
>
> Michael KD5DFB

"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic