[Allstar Digital] DMRGateway repository

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Fri Nov 27 09:08:53 EST 2015

We have started posting the code needed to create the IPSC to AllStar
gateway.
The 2 repositories that we will use are:

DMRlink <https://github.com/N4IRS/DMRlink>
This is forked from the original author Cort N0MJS so that we can track
the changes needed. If you are going to create and maintain a gateway,
you will need to learn and understand DMRlink. It's written in python
and runs fine on a RPi. DMRlink is the connection to the IPSC network.
The changes are in ambe_audio.py. It has been modified to send the
frames out via UDP. There is a added configuration file and a updated
subscriber ID .csv file One of the sample programs you want to look at
is playback.py This is the code used to create the echo or parrot TG for
listening to your own DMR audio.

DMRGateway <https://github.com/N4IRS/DMRGateway>
This is the code used to get the AMBE frames from DMRlink via UDP format
them and send to the DV3000 via UDP. The returned PCM (analog) is sent
via UDP to the asterisk USRP channel driver. The code will be posted as
it's cleaned up and prepared for human consumption. ;)

Our next step is to build the analog to DMR path. DMRlink provides all
the pieces needed to do this.

73, Steve N4IRS and Mike N4IRR

--
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic