[Allstar Digital] Allstar-Digital Digest, Vol 2, Issue 25

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Fri Nov 27 14:40:00 EST 2015

OK, I realize that I'm a little late coming to the party here...but, is
there a BOM (bill of materials) aside from a DMR repeater and a working
allstar (been doing it for 6 years...so, I think I can spin up another
node...) node?

Reason I'm asking is that I've come into the ability to get onto a 500'
tower that already has a 440 stick near the top.  Now, I'll have to get
a 5.8 gig link back to my central net access point (about 8 air
miles...Ubnt equipment is your friend), but, also have a moto UHF DMR
repeater sitting in a box ready to go, and my local coord body is going
to hunt for a pair on narrowband spacing to assign to me.

So, assuming I have the repeater (and amp), duplexer, Pi2B, net
connection...I think I'll need some dongle (AMBE?) to do the
transcoding, another channel driver for allstar...a legit node number
(though, I don't see this ever showing up on DMR-MARC like my other
machine in Fairless Hills); I only plan on using this as a DMR link into
my existing allstar network...)

Thinking that the Pi uses the DIAL release?  Or is Compton's version
workable?  saw something about a different channel driver...so, that's
on the list to acquire and gen into the system (haven't looked to see if
it is part of the distro).

Am I missing something?  I'll offer to collect FAQ information and
re-post as need be (I know what it's like cranking on code and then
facing doing the dox...) if that would be a help.

And if I'm off base, I'm ok with that and will go back to lurking...

73 all
Bryan WB0YLE