[Allstar Digital] Got a new toy today

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Fri Oct 30 22:11:38 EDT 2015

The USRP channel driver was created for for the OP25 project. A open
source P25 project.
It listens on a UDP port for decoded audio and passes it to asterisk and
vise versa. We used the USRP channel driver to listen to a DMR repeater
and send the audio to AllStar.
It was a heck of a lot easier then writing a new channel or hacking up a
existing one. I think we should use it for other digital modes.
I'm thinking about digging out the Pi and putting it back online.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 10/30/2015 10:04 PM, Robert Newberry wrote:

> I really want to get one of these to start playing. I'm not sure how
> to feed this into a DV3000 I had to google USRP just to decode what
> was said.
>
> I have a feeling it won't be long before p25, dstar, dmr, and analog
> will all be able to talk together on allstar!
>
> I already have dmr radios. The DV4MINI is at a very low price point too!
>
> N1XBM
> Apparare Scientor
> Paratus Communicare
> Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086

"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic