[Allstar Digital] HBlink (non BrandMeister connectivity for MMDVM

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Sat Jul 30 22:52:58 EDT 2016

Buddy,
Yes the MMDVM has been available for quite a while. Today, the MMDVM is
a Arduino Due with a audio interface board. There are at least 3
different audio boards available. Later revisions of the MMDVM will be
either a single board containing a processor and the audio interface or
a mother / daughter configuration that allows customization.

Steve

On 07/30/2016 10:49 PM, Buddy Brannan wrote:
> Wait...are MMDVM's actually available? Already built or would we have to build them?
>
> I guess it's kind of moot for me, as I don't have any DMR gear at all anyhow.
>
> --
> Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
> Phone: 814-860-3194
> Mobile: 814-431-0962
> Email: buddy at brannan.name
>

>> On Jul 30, 2016, at 10:14 PM, Steve Zingman <szingman at msgstor.com> wrote:
>>
>> Steve,
>> I'm running 1 "production" repeater full time on the MMDVM. It's working well. I've held off updating software until it burns in. In about a week I'll do a remote push updates to both MMDVMHost and the MMDVM firmware. Fingers crossed and a plan to visit the site if it goes badly.
>>
>> Break out the boards, the water is fine. ;)
>>

>> On 07/30/2016 10:10 PM, Stephen - K1LNX wrote:
>>> I agree wholeheartedly Mike!!! When Steve mentioned the possibility of this early on, I was all giddy with excitement! I appreciate much of what Brandmeister has done and brought forth, but many of us including me are into building and maintaining our own infrastructure and having localized control, and we fully understand if it breaks we get to keep both pieces!!!
>>>
>>> I am looking forward to what to future may bring, and I will be glad to test this! Time to dust off these MMDVM boards!
>>>
>>> 73
>>> Stephen
>>> K1LNX
>>>
>>> On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 9:12 PM, Mike Zingman <mike.zingman at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Stephen,
>>>
>>> So are we. This is a significant development in our ability to control how our repeaters interact. Currently our options are limited and this development effort opens a wide range  of possibilities
>>>
>>> Mike
>>>

>>> On Saturday, July 30, 2016, Stephen - K1LNX <k1lnx at k1lnx.net> wrote:
>>> Wow!!! Awesome work guys!!! I am really looking forward to this!!!!!!!!
>>>
>>> 73
>>> Stephen