[Allstar Digital] DMRGateway failure

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Thu Apr 6 12:04:47 EDT 2017

You could try following the draft document.  Also pay attention to below.

I was having the same problem as you, since I own a first generation
ThumbDV which runs at 230400 bauds.
When I removed the –n argument in the command: python AMBEtest3.py -n -s
/dev/ttyUSB0, it then worked for me.

So for people with first generation ThumbDV’s, the command python
AMBEtest3.py -s /dev/ttyUSB0 must be used.

Also, on page 3, Steve says at point 8: DO NOT edit DMRGateway.ini
UNLESS your DV is not at /dev/ttyUSB0
If you run a first gen ThumbDV, the baud rate must be changed in it also
to 230400.

And for Steve:  thank you very much for all the efforts in the software
and the documents.  I went thru it all, and except for the items
mentionned up here, everything went well and I’m ready for the next steps.

Thanks and 73s from Guy VE2VAG