[Allstar Digital] Back in Stock!! - RB-STM32-DVM V2 (Red Board)

Scott Zimmerman n3xcc at zewireless.com
Tue Aug 8 14:58:12 EDT 2017

Folks,

The subject line says it all: The RB-STM32-DVM is now back in stock.

After a longer than anticipated hiatus, we now have a run of 50 blank boards. Of these 50, 15 are now completely assembled,
tested and ready for immediate shipment. I will assemble more boards when I return from vacation on August 21. (provided we
all survive the solar eclipse that day.)

The new Version 2 board is RED in color to easily differentiate it from the V1 (green) board.

There are few circuitry changes:
* We added an input attenuation pot. (to knock down higher amplitude discriminator levels.)
* We changed the supply source for the transmit audio amplifiers and added a bit of gain so that the TX audio level can be as
high as 5vp-p. (This *should* be enough audio to drive exciters that require more audio such as the Yaesu DR-1x.)
* The biggest addition to the Rev2 board is a clipping indicator that allows for RX audio level adjustment without having an
oscilloscope.

The new Schematic and Board layout can be found here: http://www.repeater-builder.com/products/pdfs/STM32_DVM_v2.pdf

The STM32-DVM combines the necessary audio filtering and the processing horsepower (and digital to analog interfaces) of the
STM32 microcomputer onto one board. (see attached) As well as running in a typical "stand alone" USB based interface, this
module is also available in a "PI Hat" configuration that will plug directly onto a Raspberry PI 2/3.

As with all MMDVM boards, this one is for "experienced users" or someone that is capable of learning what is necessary for
its successful deployment. This module is NOT a "magic bean" that will make all of your digital dreams come true, simply by
double-stick taping it to the top of a radio and waving your magic soldering iron. ;)

With the above in mind, Steve N4IRS and I *have* come up with a few "recipes" that will work for an initial test deployment.
I will share those in a future e-mail.

Initial pricing is as follows:

STM32-DVM-USB (stand alone) - $80 (Includes USB cable)
STM32-DVM-Hat (RPi Hat)	- $75
(both of the above include mating DB-9 connector and hood)

For those who would like a "ready to go" bundle:
1) STM32-DVM-Hat
1) Raspberry Pi3 (with heatsinks)
1) Pre-programmed 16GB micro SD card - MW0MWZ's PiStar image
1) Transparent case
1) 5v at 3A micro USB power supply
Complete assembled package - $200

More information and PayPal ordering is available at http://www.repeater-builder.com/products/stm32-dvm.html

All Repeater-Builder products are made in house in the USA. No outsourcing here!!

Scott

--
Scott Zimmerman
Amateur Radio Call N3XCC