[Allstar Digital] Software AMBE

Steve kb9mwr at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 15 00:34:35 EST 2017

Bryan,
I'd like to see at least a serious discussion about this.  But I am not even sure Bruce is on this list.  And I consider him the resident expert.

I know when Bruce has brought the idea of invalidating the patents.  But then he was busy working with Chris Testa on their HT of the future.  So the idea took a back seat.  I believe that SDR/HT project has been tabled.

I have asked a few times unsuccessfully about at least getting a copy of the patent annalists report that he has mentioned.

I don't really have an immediate use for a way to transcode the various AMBE streams.  Though I do have a place with a nice fat internet connection that is home to a P25 and DMR repeater.  And a D-Star system on the other end of the 802.11 link.  So the idea does interest me.  I do have $100 that I would donate immediately to pretty much any sort of software AMBE project as I feel money is better spent on something that the entire community would benefit from vs buying a hardware thing that really only I can use.