[Allstar Digital] New product: RB-STM32-DVM

Scott Zimmerman n3xcc at zewireless.com
Thu Jun 15 13:58:27 EDT 2017

Folks,

I know we need a new "MMDVM" digital modem board like a hole in the head, but with the prodding/help of Steve N4IRS, we have
come up with an "all-in-one" digital modem solution: the STM32-DVM (Those who chose to wade through the mud-pit of the
Hamvention flea market may have already seen this hardware)

The STM32-DVM combines the necessary audio filtering and the processing horsepower (and digital to analog interfaces) of the
STM32 microcomputer onto one board. (see attached) As well as running in a typical "stand alone" USB based interface, this
module is also available in a "PI Hat" configuration that will plug directly onto a Raspberry PI 2/3.

This module is REV A of this project. We are collecting ideas about how we can further improve the audio input/output
circuitry, but this module does work well. (I have successfully connected it to a Motorola R100)

As with all MMDVM boards, this one is for "experienced users" or someone that is capable of learning what is necessary for
its successful deployment. This module is NOT a "magic bean" that will make all of your digital dreams come true, simply by
double-stick taping it to the top of a radio and waving your magic soldering iron. ;)

With the above in mind, Steve and I *have* come up with a few "recipes" that will work for an initial test deployment. I will
share those in a future e-mail.

Initial pricing is as follows:

STM32-DVM-USB (stand alone) - $80 (Includes USB cable)
STM32-DVM-Hat (RPi Hat)	- $75
(both of the above include mating DB-9 connector and hood)

For those who would like a "ready to go" bundle:
1) STM32-DVM-Hat
1) Raspberry Pi3 (with heatsinks)
1) Pre-programmed 16GB micro SD card - MW0MWZ's PiStar image
1) Transparent case
1) 5v at 3A micro USB power supply
Complete assembled package - $200

More information and PayPal ordering is available at http://www.repeater-builder.com/products/stm32-dvm.html

All Repeater-Builder products are made in house in the USA. No outsourcing here!!

Scott

--
Scott Zimmerman
Amateur Radio Call N3XCC