[Allstar Digital] All-star to Dstar and back

Santu OTTAVI t.ottavi at bc-109.com
Wed Mar 22 17:45:05 EDT 2017

Le 14/03/2017 à 14:13, Michael J. Wolthuis a écrit :
> The other way to do this, which I have done successfully is to connect dextra_client to an XLX (XRF) reflector.  I connect Allstar using node 1000, using the dstar channel driver.

That's what I planned to do, but :
- dextra_client binary does not run on my Linux VM, and we do not have
the source code to re-compile it; as a workaround, I ran the Windows
binary in a Windows VM
- I do not have the old blue DV dongle; I have a ThumbDV using recent
AMBE3000 chip (which is not compatible with KI4LKF software, with or
without source)

For those having BlueDV dongle, using dextra_client binary (on a
compatible machine) with chan_dstar is a working solution. Several
people reported success with it.

Anyway, I do not want to invest myself with old harware and old
closed-source software. Then, it appears the best future-proof solution
is to re-write some piece of software, and (of course) put it in
open-source.