[Allstar Digital] DMRGateway Install Error

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Thu Mar 30 13:34:24 EDT 2017

Peter,
There are 3 modules that you need to get running.
AllStar with the USRP channel driver. It will come up without a
connection to anything.
DMRlink with AMBE_Audio. These 2 parts work together to make the
connection to and from the DMR network. AMBE_Audio does the connecting
to and from analog. DMRlink connects to the DMR network.
Running dmrlink.py by itself with logging to the console in debug will
indicate a good connection to the DMR network. Once that works, you can
stop dmrlink.py and run ambe_audio.py It will start dmrlink by itself.
DMRGateway is the translator between DMR and Analog.  ambe_audio takes
the DMR and sends it to DMRGateway. DMRGateway uses the NWDigital DV3000
to decode the DMR to analog. The analog audio is passed back to
ambe_audio and on to ASL.
The same as above only in reverse for Analog to DMR.

1: Get DMRGateway talking to the DV3000 either via serial or the
AMBEServer from NWDigital. Use the diagnostics from NWD to make sure the
host is connecting properly to the DV3000.
2: Get DMRlink talking to the DMR network
3: Get ambe_audio talking to DMRGateway
4: Get ASL talking to ambe_audio.

The best advice I can give is to run each program in the foreground with
logging to the screen. Run multiple windows. One for each program. Once
it all works you can work on logging and auto startup.
The documents are here
<https://sites.google.com/site/dvhamswitch/file-cabinet> and
<https://github.com/N4IRS/DMRGateway>

73, Steve N4IRS