[Allstar Digital] DMRlink, HBlink AllStarLink etc... DStarLink ?

Toussaint OTTAVI t.ottavi at bc-109.com
Wed May 24 05:16:45 EDT 2017

Le 23/05/2017 à 18:01, Steve Zingman a écrit :
>  Analog_bridge, HB_bridge and IPSC_bridge will be posted to the
> repositories in a couple of days. I have uploaded some simple block
> diagrams to <http://dvswitch.org/files/DVSwitch/> I know some of this
> information is outside of the ASL Digital area. We will form a new
> more general list to discuss digital bridging in general. (YAML, Yet
> another mail list)

Hi,

Thank you for the great job.

We did not deploy DMR here yet. We're still playing around with D-Star
and Asterisk. As far as there's no open-source solution to connect
D-Star and Asterisk, I planned to write a gateway, which would connect
to an XLX reflector. But my free time is very limited for now.

Seeing your post, and even if I don't know anything about HBR and IPSC
networks :-), it comes obvious to me that instead of writing a
monolithic D-Star to Asterisk gateway, a better idea would be to write a
D-Star to "DV-Switch" gateway.

Please, could you tell more about the "DV_Switch" block on your diagrams
? What kind of software is it ? Is there a dedicated API ? Do you think
writing a "DStar_Bridge" would be feasible ? As far as Python is my
favourite programming language, I could have a look at Cort's code, and
maybe I could use it as a template for making a D-Star bridge ?

I'm looking forward to seeing all the code :-)

73 de TK1BI