[App_rpt] Newbie in Asterisk

Νιαγάσας Αγγελος niagassas_ang at tellas.gr
Sat Dec 30 21:18:55 UTC 2006

Hello to the group,

I just install a new Asterisk system in order to be used as controller of a
radio shack.

I install Suse Linux ver. 10.1 with Kernel 2.6

I install Asterisk-1.2.14 including app_rpt with a TDM400P with 2 FXS
daughter boards.

I wiil use the simplex interface as described at
http://www.hamwlan.net/images/FXS-SIMPLEX-RADIO-V2.jpg in order to
interconnect a series of simplex UHF radio to create a network.

Trying to test the system I hooked 2 analog telephone sets replacing the
radio interfaces.

Using information send from your very helpful friend Francois BERGERET
(f6hqz-m at hamwlan.net) I made adjustments to the pertinent files as follows:

 # zaptel.conf

e&m=1-2
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us
#
#EOF
#

Meaning 2 FXS ports configured as E&M signalling.

;zapata.conf

[channels]

callwaitingcallerid=no

echocancel=yes

echocancelwhenbridged=yes

echotraining=no

relaxdtmf=yes

adsi=off

usercallerid=yes

callgroup=1

pickupgroup=1

group=1

signalling=em_rxtx

immediate=yes

context=channel1

channel=1

context=channel2

channel=2

Meaning 2 FXS ports signalling = em_rxtx and immediate = yes

;rpt.conf

[1999]                                                   ; Node ID of remote
base

rxchannel = Zap/1                                  ; Rx audio/signalling
channel

remote = n

duplex=0

[1998]

rxchannel = Zap/2

remote = n

duplex=0

[functions-remote]

[telemetry]

[morse]

[nodes]

1999 = radio at 127.0.0.1/1999

1998 = radio at 127.0.0.1/1998

[memory]

;extensions.conf

[general]

static=yes

writeprotect=no

autofallthrought=yes

[globals]

[default]

[channel1]

exten => s,1,rpt(1998|D)

exten => s,n,Hangup

[channel2]

exten => s,1,rpt(1999|D)

exten => s,n,Hangup

With the above configuration we tried to configure the system as to
automatically call the other set each time the one goes Off Hook.

But this was my desire.

Unfortunately the system is fully silent.

When I modified the line in  zapata.conf  from signalling=em_rxtx to
signalling=em the system started to call as expected.

Substituting the telephone sets with the radio interfaces, making a test I
have the following situation:

1.	Incoming call is answered OK.  = PTT is energized
2.	Initiating side receives a ring back condition.

As consequence I loose the capability to release the line using the COR/BUSY
control.

Making measurements at the RING/TIP pair I found that incoming call reverses
the polarity of the line and stays at this condition until the line is
released some how.

At the initiating side (Rx) the polarity is RING - TIP = -48V at idle. When
COR/BUSY control change state the Opto opens and the call is initiated. But
after some milliseconds polarity reverses causing the receive opto to open
and the system is in answer condition. In order to release the line I have
to disconnect manually the RJ45 from the board.

Is any one to help me?

Niagassas Angelos

Project Manager

Tel. +30 210 4821492