[App_rpt] New addition

Juan Pablo jpdborgna at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Feb 18 04:27:50 UTC 2006

Steve Rodgers wrote:

>Juan,
>
>You are going to have to give us more details on what you are trying to do
>with the serial port, app_rpt, and Asterisk.
>
>What is the application? Please elaborate.
>
>Steve Rodgers
>WA6ZFT

Ok, here is the thing:

There are some radio equipment (kenwood) wich have a serial port.
By using this serial port you can do things like changing channels or
send/recieve text messages.

What I want to do is to transfer the text comming/going through the
serial port (using ast_sendtext/ast_recvtext) so i can do something with
them.

The *very little* problem I have is that I never used or configured an
asterisk box... im just a programmer with a task.

When looking at the app_sendtext.c code i think it is easy, because i
can replace where it says "text" for somthing readed from the serial port.

But I dont even know what to do if i write that app... does somebody
sitted on a console "attach" it to a connection or what?
I googled about asterisk but it looks like a lot of documentation
spreaded, dont know where to start.

Hope I clarified this. I need all the help you can give me.

Thanks you.

Saludos, Juan Pablo.