[App_rpt] Radio Interface Question

James Harfield harfija at auburn.edu
Thu Feb 23 23:10:10 UTC 2006

I am looking for some advice to move in the right direction in
connecting a base station I have to the Quad PCI Radio Card.  According
to Asterisk and the zaptel.conf the interface type is E&M and looking at
the diagram in the installation pdf it appears to be a 2 wire operation
type.  I reconfigured an RJ-45 to connect between the base station and
PCI Card, with corresponding PTT / COR / TX / RX / GND pins in the
correct location on each side.  However, I am unable to connect to the
base station and am given the: Unable to create channel type Zap, error.

My concern is that the connection is not a true E&M and the system
cannot provide the -48v off hook and other levels required to recognize
this channel.

We have checked ztcfg -vv and it returns:
Channel 01: E & M (Default)
1 Channels configured

Modprobe goes off successfully, et all.  Would anyone be able to offer
any insight to move me in the correct direction?

Thank you,

JRH