[App_rpt] Interface questions

Steve Rodgers hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Tue Jun 27 13:55:14 UTC 2006

Jon,

See responses below.

Some questions for you:

Will you be using this in an Amatuer Radio repeater system or a commercial
system?

Last time I checked,  Australia does not permit Amateur repeaters connect to
the phone system (via automatic phone patching or autopatching) is this still
the case? The reason I ask is that our systems in the US have this
capability, and if we are linked together, would it be breaking the rules if
someone in the US did this and and we were linked to a system in Australia? In
this case, the phone conversation taking place on the US system would be
rebroadcast on the Australian system.

> Hrm, they certainly have plenty, and at a good price, but overseas UPS
>shipping is a killer, about USD$100 to ship a dozen or so to Australia.

I'm willing to send you 2 transformers with each board blank ordered for
$5.00US extra plus shipping. Please contact me off list for details.

> Is it hard to support different FXS devices? I'm not sure exactly how
> entwined app_rpt is with driver code. The reason I ask is one possible
> avenue for me is some clone TDM cards from http://www.openvox.com.cn
> but it looks like their TDM1200P clone uses a different driver. Their
> 400P uses the standard digium driver.

As long as the FXS device is seen as a Zaptel device in Asterisk, it will work
with app_rpt. In our systems, we use ARIB cards with Digium TE110p/T100p T1
cards and a channel bank. It doesn't matter which driver is required as long
is it is a Zaptel driver.