[App_rpt] COP Functions

James Harfield harfija at auburn.edu
Wed Mar 15 19:11:02 UTC 2006

I'm having a problem getting cop,6 to function correctly in PTT'ing the radio.

I have phone_functions = phone_functions defined in rpt.conf and within the phone_functions heading I have:
88 = cop,6
defined with the other cop, ilink, and status functions.  When connecting to my base I use the |P option instead of |D for phone control.

The problem I'm having is that cop,6 will not activate the base to transmit.  All the status commands, System Info, Time, Version, and the test tone cop,4 command work fine.  The radio keys up, the appropriate information is sent, and the radio is unkeyed.  But cop,6 will not key it.  What I can do is manually key the radio and then use *88 (for cop,6) to talk and # when I want to end talking.  I've tried to dig through the code and look at the difference between cop,6 and cop,4 for activating the base, but I'm quite confused as to why one can work and one cannot.

Thanks,

JRH