[App_rpt] Newbie question

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 22 17:02:16 UTC 2006

Off hand, I can think of a couple of things that make your situation
difficult:

First off, the entire asterisk program needs to have a compile time flag
(RADIO_RELAX) set
for the DTMF decoders to work properly. This needs to be done to the entire
build of asterisk,
from the start.

Asterisk at home is not built with app_rpt enabled (at least as far as I am
aware).

I have no idea of what version of asterisk comes with asterisk at home, but I
can guarantee you
that its not nearly the recent one. Running the recent version of app_rpt is
important, since
it usually has far more features then the ones included in releases. Also,
the version of asterisk
may not be modern enough for the latest version of app_rpt. We keep in sync
with the latest
version in SVN HEAD, so sometimes we find situations where the user needs to
upgrade to SVN
HEAD before app_rpt is usable on their systems.

Other then these main issues, your config files need to be manually modified
so that the stuff
to make app_rpt work is included. First of all, the port numbers will have
to be changed. Whichever
card gets modprobed first will have the lowest port (channel) numbers. I
suggest modprobing
the pciradio card last, so that your 'normal' telephony interfaces will
start a port 1, and your
radio ones will start at like 5 or 25 or whatevers. Whatever the base may
be, you need to
put entries in /etc/zqptel.conf, /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf,
/etc/asterisk/iax.conf,
/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf, and change the port number in
/etc/asterisk/rpt.conf. Dont
also forget to put a system id message in as
/etc/asterisk/id.[whatever-extension].

The next question, of course, is what does the Asterisk at home config system
do with manual
config file changes? Does it honor them, or does it poo right over them?

Jim Dixon, WB6NIL