[App_rpt] app_rpt setup and requirements.

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 9 07:07:29 UTC 2006

As far as the CAT protocol goes, the ARIB board talks to the "Packet Data
interface", the
6 pin connector (I believe), which has the Tx and Rx audio, PTT and COR. The
CAT protocol
goes through one of the serial ports on the PC. On the PCI card, we talk to
the serial
port (CAT port) directly also, all through 1 8 pin cable, (which forks off
to 2 connectors
one 6 pin and one 8 pin on the back of the Yaesu radio).

Yes we fully support CAT in frequency/mode agile mode along as well as the
Doug Hall RBI-1 as well as the Kenwood TM-G707.

As far as Digium cards supporting E&M goes, I really think there is VERY
little need
or desire for such things these days.  (Actually the FXS also operates as a
DPT
like a DID trunk, which technially *is* a 2 wire loop-closure E&M
Interface).