[App_rpt] Fwd: Re: Telemetry tones change?

Steve Rodgers hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Tue Oct 10 03:00:13 UTC 2006

Subject: Re: [App_rpt] Telemetry tones change?
Date: Monday 09 October 2006 19:13
From: Steve Rodgers <hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com>
To: pcfrover at tcomeng.com

Gary,

I just tested this on my system, and it works as advertised I can switch
 these two statements in rpt.conf:

;remotetx=|t(1633,0,50,3000)(0,0,80,0)(1209,0,50,3000);
remotetx=|t(2000,0,50,3000)(0,0,80,0)(1000,0,50,3000);

Restarting asterisk or doing "rpt reload" after changing the lines above
will cause the remotetx courtesy tone to change.

Could you  be confused about the function of the remoterx and remotemon
courtesy tones defined in the telemetry block?  The remotetx courtesy tone is
that courtesy tone which is sent when an internet link to a node (remote base
or repeater) is connected in trancieve to a remote node on the node you are
coming in on from the radio. The remotemon courtesy tone is that courtesy
tone which is sent when an internet link to a (remote base or repeater) is
connected in monitor to a remote node on the node you are coming in on from
the radio.

The repeater courtesy tone to play when unlinked (no repeaters or remote
linked) is determined by the unlinkedct setting in the node configuration
block. This is set to point to ct1 in the default rpt.conf configuration
file. It can be set to point to any courtesy tone defined in the telemetry
block.

Finally, there is one last courtesy tone which is used only for the remote
base when it is in tranceive mode and is played following the remotetx
courtesy tone when there is a remote base connected to the node you are
coming in on AND it is in tranceive mode. This is the remotect setting in the
node configuration block. This is set to point to ct3 in the default rpt.conf
configuration file. It can be set to point to any courtesy tone defined in
the telemetry block.

There are no other courtesy tones for the remote base which can be changed in
the latest version of app_rpt.c

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Steve WA6ZFT