[App_rpt] Passing DTMF?

Steve Rodgers hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Sat Oct 28 03:15:21 UTC 2006

Gary,

We have some functionality for this when operating a node as a bridge to a
legacy RF-linked system. (We do this on the Calnet node)

There are settings to faclitate this in rpt.conf:

propagate_dtmf
linktolink
notelemtx
inxlat
outxlat

They're not documented in the rpt. conf file yet, so you'll have to look at
the app_rpt.c source file to figure out how to use them.

The problem comes when you want to pass * and #. Since these mean something to
the app_rpt command decoder, they need to be escaped with a 2 digit sequence.
When you enable command passthrough on a node acting as a bridge,  *
traditionally becomes *7, and # becomes *0. This is true for all app_rpt
commands directed at that node as well.  This is what the inxlat and outxlat
are used for.

Steve