[App_rpt] app_rpt phone patch

Bob Peret kd6lfw at peret.net
Sun May 13 14:26:25 UTC 2007

Eric,

I think this is how it works:  If extensions.conf has an entry
specifying the "D" mode, then the phone patch connection is always "key
down".  This would be used for a full duplex repeater.  If the entry
puts the phone in "P" mode then the phone user has to issue a control
op-6 to enable the PTT of "key down".  Below are some snippets from
these files.  Hope this helps.

Bob Peret
KD6LFW

-----extensions.conf -------
[extensions]
;this is list of extensions for the halibut
exten => 201,1,rpt(2058|P)
exten => 201,2,Congestion

exten => 202,1,rpt(2058|D)
exten => 202,2,Congestion

----rpt.conf ------
6=autopatchup                    ; Autopatch up
0=autopatchdn                    ; Autopatch down
88=cop,6                        ; Remote base telephone key
-----------------------

------------=app_rpt.c ------------------
"        P - Phone Control mode. This allows a regular phone user to
have\n"
"            full control and audio access to the radio system. For the\n"
"            user to have DTMF control, the 'phone_functions' parameter\n"
"            must be specified for the node in 'rpt.conf'. An additional\n"
"            function (cop,6) must be listed so that PTT control is
available.\n"
"\n"
"        D - Dumb Phone Control mode. This allows a regular phone user
to\n"
"            have full control and audio access to the radio system. In
this\n"
"            mode, the PTT is activated for the entire length of the
call.\n"
"            For the user to have DTMF control (not generally recomended
in\n"
"            this mode), the 'dphone_functions' parameter must be
specified\n"
"            for the node in 'rpt.conf'. Otherwise no DTMF control will
be\n"
"            available to the phone user.\n"
"