[App_rpt] small, durable PC recommendations

Mark Hagler markhagler at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 05:12:15 UTC 2007

Hello guys,

I'm wondering if anybody has come up with a small and durable PC that
can run Asterisk and app_rpt and survive in pretty wild temperature
extremes?

We have a GE MastrII repeater up in an attic at a school and on hot
summers the temp can exceed 120 in the attic.  The repeater has
survived for many years up there, but I'm afraid your average Linux PC
would not make it long in that kind of temperature.

Also somewhat related, can anybody advise if app_rpt works on a
non-Intel CPU architecture?  I have run Asterisk reliably on MIPS and
AMD Geode but am not sure if app_rpt (or perhaps the pciradio driver)
has any particular affinity for i386ish architecture.

I wonder if I could get by with a little board like this:

http://metrix.net/pc-engines-alix1c-1-lan-1-minipci-500mhz-256mb-sbc-p-99.html

I'm would be grateful for your advice if anybody has looked into this before.

Thanks everybody,

Mark Hagler
W7WMH