[App_rpt] issue with hid interface in chan_usbradio

K3XH k3xh at embarqmail.com
Fri Oct 19 16:50:30 UTC 2007

Greetings everyone:

Was curious if anyone has run into an issue with the usbradio channel
driver when running Asterisk under it's own user and group?

I have run up against what I think is a permissions issue of sorts.  I
did have everything running briefly when Asterisk was set up to run
under root access, but really want to avoid that if possible.

The chan_usbradio driver errors when claiming the (usb) hid interface
from the kernel.  Apparently, it's getting an error at what would be
line 791 in the chan_usbradio.c source code.  Which then results in a
call to 'usb_detach_kernel_driver_np', on line 793, in an attempt to
detach the kernel interface, where it ultimately fails.

I've tried a couple simple approaches to resolve this, like setting the
dsp and usb device to have asterisk as their owner/group and also set
permissions (with '666') for the devices.  I would look at modifiying
udev.rules and PAM configurations, but at this point, I'm clueless as to
  what is conflicting with the hid interface for the usb soundfob.  Whew!

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Mike, K3XH