[App_rpt] issue with hid interface in chan_usbradio

K3XH k3xh at embarqmail.com
Tue Oct 23 02:45:47 UTC 2007

Steve / Jim Duuuude! ...

Thanks for the reply...  Yeah, I've been running Asterisk under it's own
userid/group on my other box, so I tried setting up the rpt box the same.

But what I've finally found is...  that the Linux kernel claims hid
interfaces when devices are 'inserted' and then does not seem to readily
relinquish them to 'user-space' applications (???).

There 'supposedly' is a means to indicate to the kernel to 'ignore' a
particular class of device by rebuilding the kernel with a modified
hid_blacklist struct (in source file
'/usr/src/kernels/linux-2.6.23.1/drivers/hid/usbhid/hid-quirks.c' for
kernel 2.6.23.1) with the hex code of the vendor and deviceid to ignore.
  I tried building the kernel in this fashion, but the issue remains...
   Go figure...  So I decided to make my life easier and just run
Asterisk as root.  At least I now have the latest kernel running on my
box...

Thanks... mike.
...app_rpt rocks....