[App_rpt] 2199 appears to be operational

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at vkradio.com
Sun Aug 3 00:12:01 UTC 2008

At 01:17 AM 8/3/2008, you wrote:
>Tony,
>
>I connected to it from node 2010 and it has excellent sounding audio!
>It was very busy when I connected so I didn't stay connected very long.

Thanks.  I have seen the issue that Bill saw, namely the long
dropouts.  I'm wondering if that's due to the linking protocol used
by chan_rtpdir not coping with the long link between the Asterisk and
Echolink systems (on opposite sides of the world!).  I might see if I
can find a way to shorten that hop (e.g. by using a "dummy" conference).

>If someone is talking on the Echolink side does our audio mix with
>theirs or are we locked out? I'm not sure of thelinkbox is a mixing or
>one-at-a-time echolink reflector. In app_rpt everything is mixing, but
>typically echolink is one-at-a-time.

Echolink is one at a time.  Interestingly, tbd reports the connection
as full duplex, so Skip, could a tlb based node run full duplex with
Asterisk via my conference?

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com