[App_rpt] Question: Remote base conference capability

Stephen Rodgers hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Mon Aug 18 14:26:39 UTC 2008

David,

If your remote base node needs frequency agility which us commanded by a
user, then it can't have multiple users connected. It just isn't coded
to work that way. There are two separate C functions in app_rpt.c one
handles standard nodes and the other handles remote base nodes. However,
if your remote base is operating on a fixed frequency, just set it up as
a standard node with half-duplex functionality.

There is limited frequency agility available to a standard node which
Steve Henke, W8SH added to allow phone users to call in to a standard
node on different extensions and change a channelized commercial radio
to a different frequency based on the extension number.

Steve WA6ZFT