[App_rpt] [Fwd: Re: USB radio interface problems]

Stephen Rodgers hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Mon Jan 7 00:17:20 UTC 2008

Forwarded to the list--

-------- Original Message --------
From: - Sun Jan  6 16:08:57 2008
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 01:42:15 +0200
From: Tomi Viikari <Tomi.Viikari at i-isolutions.fi>
To: Stephen Rodgers <hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com>,
app_rpt at marauder.illiana.net
Cc: Steven Henke <sph at xelatec.com>
Subject: Re: USB radio interface problems

Lainaus Stephen Rodgers <hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com>:
> Tomi,
>
> Here are some things to try--

thanks for quick answer.

i tested some more....

> Steve.
>

> Tomi Viikari wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > i have asterisk (EVB) and appr_rpt installed with usb sound/radio
> interface.
> > one linksys voip phone as client (sip)
> >
> > when i dial from sip client to asterisk/rpt in phone mode
> > - there is no rx audio to sip client
> > - *6 activates PTT but i can'n deactivate it (exept hanging up the phone)
> > - tx audio is ok
>
> This is the normal way it works as you are typically use a repeater
> (full duplex) for phone traffic.

my configuration is simplex (duplex=0)

> -- however--
>
> In the latest app_rpt.c (Version 0.91) there is an experimental simplex
> autopatch which is voice-activated (VOX) from the both the autopatch and
> the phone control features.
>
> To set it up, set duplex = 0 in rpt.conf for the node, and then place
> these values in the node stanza:
>
> ;The following parameters are for vox operation(s)
> voxtimeout=5000			; time to let vox talk in ms
> voxrecover=500				; time to take from vox one
timed out in ms
> simplexpatchdelay=25			; # of 20 ms frames to delay audio
> simplexphonedelay=25			; # of 20 ms frames to delay audio
>

> For phone mode, append a v on the end of the rpt call in extensions.conf
> like this:
>
> exten=1999,n,Rpt,1999|Pv
>
> This activates the VOX when in phone mode.

Vox works fine.(with no receive audio) (very useful feature to my setup)

in P mode(no vox), when dialin *6 (6=cop,6) it does not activate PTT
until timeout or hangup.
When i enable debug in rpt, and dial first *6 from sip
rpt detects *6 from sip and prints
@@@ action cop,6
<<radio tx on >>
and ptt activates and so on... (i think "radio tx on" is from chan_usbradio)
when i dial second *6 from sip (to deactivate)
it prints same @@@ action cop,6 but does not print << radio tx off >>
when i dial randomly *,6,# numbers from sip in random order many times
i occasionally get
<< radio tx off>>
<< radio tx on>>
always in pairs so that PTT remains on.

in S mode i can't activate PTT at all.
dialing * from sip i get
<< radio tx on>>
<< radio tx off>>
always in pairs so that PTT remains off

> > some debug
> > - app_rpt detects and hears dtmf commands from remote radio
> > - test signal (milliwatt) from sip works fine
>
> Are you sure this isn't chan_usb radio reporting the DTMF tones?

you are right it is chan_usb radio that reports DTMF tones

> Are you using the same CTCSS tone used during setup?

i'm not using CTCSS at all

> Please note that a bug has been reported on losing receive audio on some
> systems with the USB FOB after running a system for a while, but in your
> case it seems like the audio was never there to start with. This is not
> an issue on the pciradio radio interface. Do you initially have receive
> audio when you first start Asterisk? This I'd like to know.

no receive audio at all.
i started asterisk always fully when tested (not reload) and i have
never heard
receive audio

> > - app_rpt test signal works. ( activates PTT, plays signal (in boths sip
> and
> > radio), and deactivates ptt)
> > - hidthread detects squels (vol dn) (when manualy pressing the vol dn,
> > nowired squels to radio)
> > - i have tested this with modified usb-adabter and original with
> headphones
> > (both same result)
> > - i tryed configure rpt as  dupled  and simplex (usbradio.conf) with no
> > change
>
> If you are running chan_usbradio with a half-duplex radio. Set it to 0,
> otherwise set it to 1. If you set up half-duplex in usbradio.conf, be
> sure to use duplex mode 0 or 1 in rpt.conf as well. Both conf files need
> to match each other in settings.

half-duplex radio. dublex=0 on both