[App_rpt] URI configuration help

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Tue Jul 22 02:14:19 UTC 2008

Hi Steve,

I am running a EVB base system--centos 5 and 2.6.18-53.1.21.el5 kernel. I
updated asterisk to a hand-compiled version (1.4.21) using the latest
app_rpt and chan_usb code from Xelatek's SVN....Maybe I'll back down to
the ACID release.

The URI's are plugged directly into the PC, and 2 of the 3 seem to be
working fine--other than I can't connect the extensions together. The
TKR-850 (set internally in duplex mode and is asterisk extension 111)
works as a repeater, and accepts DTMF commands, etc....And, the remote
base (currently a IC-706mk2g, extension 222) also accepts DTMF commands,
etc....But, when I try to connect these units (using *3<node>), I get a
lock up....

I reduced my extensions.conf file to the below for testing:

---------------extensions.conf---------------------------------------
[general]

static=yes       ; These two lines prevent the command-line interface
writeprotect=yes ; from overwriting the config file. Leave them here.

[radio-secure]
exten => 111,1,rpt,111
exten => 222,1,rpt,222

[autopatch]

And, here is my rpt.conf:
---------------rpt.conf---------------------------------------------
; Radio Repeater configuration file (for use with app_rpt)
;

[111]                           ; Change this to your assigned node number

rxchannel = Radio/usb                   ; Rx audio/signalling channel
controlstates=controlstates             ; system control state list
scheduler=schedule;                     ; scheduler entries
functions=functions                     ; Repeater Function Table
phone_functions=functions               ; Repeater Function Table
link_functions=link-functions           ; Link Function Table
telemetry=telemetry                     ; Telemetry descriptions
wait_times=wait-times                   ; Wait times
context = autopatch                     ; dialing context for phone
callerid = "Repeater" <0000000000> ; callerid for phone calls
;idrecording = |iid                     ; id recording or morse string
idrecording=|ikb4fxc/r                  ; id recording or morse string
accountcode=RADIO                       ; account code (optional)
hangtime=1000                           ; squelch tail hang time (in ms)
(optional)
althangtime=4000                        ; longer squelch tail
totime=170000                           ; transmit time-out time (in ms)
(optional)
totime=10000
idtime=540000                           ; id interval time (in ms)
(optional)
; The default values for hangtime, time-out time, and id interval time are
; 5 seconds (5000 ms),  3 minutes (180000 ms), and 5 minutes (300000 ms)
; respectively

politeid=30000                          ; time in milliseconds before ID
timer

                                        ; expires to try and ID in the
tail.
                                        ; (optional, default is 30000).
idtalkover=|iid                         ; Talkover ID (optional) default
is none
unlinkedct=ct2                          ; unlinked courtesy tone
(optional) default is none
remotect=ct3
duplex=2

;////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
[222]                           ; Change this to your assigned node number

rxchannel = Radio/usb1                  ; Rx audio/signalling channel
controlstates=controlstates             ; system control state list
scheduler=schedule;                     ; scheduler entries
functions=functions                     ; Repeater Function Table
phone_functions=functions               ; Repeater Function Table
link_functions=link-functions           ; Link Function Table
telemetry=telemetry                     ; Telemetry descriptions
wait_times=wait-times                   ; Wait times
context = autopatch                     ; dialing context for phone
callerid = "Repeater" <0000000000> ; callerid for phone calls
idrecording = |iid                      ; id recording or morse string
;idrecording=|ikb4fxc                   ; id recording or morse string
[...]

duplex=0

;///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
;
; function table
;
[functions]
1=ilink,1                               ; Specific link disconnect
2=ilink,2                               ; Specific Link connect -  monitor
only
3=ilink,3                               ; Specific Link connect - transceive
4=ilink,4                               ; Enter command mode on a specific link
7=ilink,5                               ; Link status

80=status,1                             ; System info
81=status,2                             ; Time
82=status,3                             ; app_rpt.c Version
87=ilink,15                             ; long range sensors

;6=autopatchup,noct=1,farenddisconnect=1,dialtime=20000 ; Autopatch up
;0=autopatchdn                          ; Autopatch down

99=cop,4                                ; Test tone
98=cop,6                                ; Phone TX key

;///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
;
; Link function table
;
; If this section is defined, then the remote user accessing our machine
in command mode
; will only be able to do the functions defined in this section. If this
section is
; omitted, then the link functions will be the same as the repeater
functions.
;

[link-functions]
1=ilink,1                               ; Specific link disconnect
2=ilink,2                               ; Specific Link connect -  monitor
only
3=ilink,3                               ; Specific Link connect -
transceive
4=ilink,4                               ; Command mode
80=status,1                             ; System info
81=status,2                             ; Time
82=status,3                             ; app_rpt.c Version
87=ilink,15                             ; long range sensors

;6=autopatchup,farenddisconnect=1,noct=1,dialtime=20000 ; Autopatch up
;0=autopatchdn                           ; Autopatch down

99=cop,4                                ; Test tone

[telemetry]

; Telemetry entries can be shared across all repeaters, or defined for
each repeater.
; Can be a tone sequence, morse string, or a file
;
; |t - Tone escape sequence
;
; Tone sequences consist of 1 or more 4-tuple entries (freq1, freq2,
duration, amplitude)
; Single frequencies are created by setting freq1 or freq2 to zero.
;
; |m - Morse escape sequence
;
; Sends Morse code at the telemetry amplitude and telemetry frequency as
defined in the
; [morse] section.
;
; Follow with an alphanumeric string
;
; |i - Morse ID escape sequence
;
; Sends Morse code at the ID amplitude and ID frequency as defined in the
; [morse] section.
;
; Follow with an alphanumeric string

ct1=|t(350,0,100,2048)(500,0,100,2048)(660,0,100,2048)
ct2=|t(660,880,150,2048)
ct3=|t(440,0,150,4096)
ct4=|t(550,0,150,2048)
ct5=|t(660,0,150,2048)
ct6=|t(880,0,150,2048)
ct7=|t(660,440,150,2048)
ct8=|t(700,1100,150,2048)
remotetx=|t(1633,0,50,3000)(0,0,80,0)(1209,0,50,3000);
remotemon=|t(1209,0,50,2048)
cmdmode=|t(900,903,200,2048)
functcomplete=|t(1000,0,100,2048)(0,0,100,0)(1000,0,100,2048)
patchup=rpt/callproceeding
patchdown=rpt/callterminated
;idstr=|m('K','B','4','F','X','C')

;
; Morse code parameters, these are common to all repeaters.
;

[morse]

speed=13                ; Approximate speed in WPM
frequency=800           ; Morse Telemetry Frequency
amplitude=4096          ; Morse Telemetry Amplitude
idfrequency=1065        ; Morse ID Frequency
idamplitude=1024        ; Morse ID Amplitude

;
; This section allows wait times for telemetry events to be adjusted
; A section for wait times can be defined for every repeater
;

[wait-times]
telemwait=2000                          ; Time to wait before sending most telemetry
idwait=500                              ; Time to wait before starting ID
unkeywait=2000                          ; Time to wait after unkey before sending CT's and link telemetry
calltermwait=2000                       ; Time to wait before announcing "call terminated"

;
; This is where you define your nodes which can be connected to.
;

[nodes]
111 = radio at 127.0.0.1/111,NONE  ; Change this to your assigned node number
222 = radio at 127.0.0.1/222,NONE  ; Change this to your assigned node number

Finally, here is the usbradio.conf:
;
; Open Sound System Console Driver Configuration File
;
[general]

rxcpusaver=0
txcpusaver=0
debug=0x7

[usb]
; TKR-850
devicenum=0

hdwtype=0               ; Leave this set to 0 for USB sound fobs modified
using
                        ; the instructions from usbfob.pdf. Use a setting
of
                        ; 1 is for Dingotel/Sph interfaces.

rxboost=0               ; 0 = 20db attenuator inserted, 1= 20db attenuator
removed
                        ; Set to 1 for additonal gain if using a low-level
receiver output

rxctcssrelax=1          ; reduce talkoff from radios w/o CTCSS Tx HPF
                        ; Do not change this, leave this as a 1

txctcssdefault=0.0      ; default tx ctcss freq, any frequency permitted
rxctcssfreqs=0.0        ; rx ctcss freqs in floating point. must be in
table
txctcssfreqs=0.0        ; tx ctcss freqs, any frequency permitted

carrierfrom=usbinvert           ; no,usb,usbinvert,dsp,vox
                        ; no - no carrier detection at all
                        ; usb - from the COR line on the modified USB
sound fob
                        ; usbinvert - from the inverted COR line on the
modified USB sound fob
                        ; dsp - from RX noise using dsp techniques
                        ; vox - voice activated from RX audio

ctcssfrom=no            ; no,usb,dsp
                        ; no - CTCSS decoding, system will be carrier
squelch
                        ; usb - CTCSS decoding using input from USB FOB
                        ; (currently not supported)
                        ; dsp - CTCSS decoding using RX audio in DSP.
                        ; rxdemod option must be set to flat for this to
work.

rxdemod=speaker         ; input type from radio: no,speaker,flat
                        ; no - RX audio input not used
                        ; flat - Use RX audio from discriminator
                        ; speaker - use de-emphasized audio

txprelim=no             ; Audio processing on left output channel: no,yes
                        ; no - Audio is not pre-emphasized and limited.
                        ; Suitable for use on a microphone input
                        ; yes - Audio is pre-emphasized and limited.
                        ; Suitable for direct connection to an FM
modulator

txtoctype=notone        ; Transmit tone control type: no,phase,notone
                        ; no - CTCSS tone encoding with no hang time
                        ; phase - encode CTCSS and reverse phase
                        ; AKA ("reverse burst") before unkeying TX
                        ; notone - encode CTCSS and stop sending tone
before unkeying TX
                        ; AKA ("chicken burst")

txmixa=voice            ; Left channel output:
no,voice,tone,composite,auxvoice
                        ; no - Do not output anything
                        ; voice - output voice only
                        ; tone - CTCSS tone only
                        ; composite - voice and tone
                        ; auxvoice - auxiliary voice output at headphone
level for monitoring

txmixb=no               ; Right channel output: no,voice,tone,composite,
auxvoice
                        ; See txmixa above.

invertptt=0             ; Invert PTT 0 = ground to transmit, 1 = open to
transmit
                        ; This is the collector lead of the 2n4401 on the

modified
                        ; usb sound fob.
                        ; please refer to the howto for the procedure to
do this.

duplex=1                ; Full Duplex

[usb1]
; IC-706mk2g
devicenum=1
hdwtype=0
rxboost=0
rxctcssrelax=1
txctcssdefault=0.0
rxctcssfreqs=0.0
txctcssfreqs=0.0
carrierfrom=usbinvert   ; no,usb,usbinvert,dsp,vox
ctcssfrom=no            ; no,usb,dsp
rxdemod=speaker         ; input type from radio: no,speaker,flat
txprelim=no             ; Audio processing on left output channel: no,yes
txtoctype=notone        ; Transmit tone control type: no,phase,notone
txmixa=voice            ; Left channel output:
no,voice,tone,composite,auxvoice
txmixb=no               ; Right channel output: no,voice,tone,composite,
auxvoice
invertptt=0             ; Invert PTT 0 = ground to transmit, 1 = open to
transmit
duplex=0                ; Simplex