[App_rpt] First contact

Guillaume Devoyon guillaume.devoyon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 09:07:02 UTC 2008

Hello,

Thank you for answers and all informations ...
I'll have to check this during the incoming week.
Has I became father for the second time, my free time has been reduced ;-)
But in france we have 15 "holidays" days for a new child....

I'll let you know

regards
Guillaume Devoyon f8arr
Merci et à bientôt.

2008/3/7, David Powell-Williams <dpowellwilliams at shaw.ca>:

> Salut Guillaume:
>
> There are many experts on this list who may respond to you.  I am not one
> of
> these but will explain my understanding while you wait for more complete
> information.
>
> There are two important configuration files:
> The rpt.conf file determines the operational modes (simplex, duplex, etc),
> DTMF codes, CW ID, remote base programming et al.  This file is used for
> all
> the various radio interfaces.
>
> The usbradio.conf file sets up the USB FOB parameters and is unique to
> that
> interface. Switching between receive and transmit can be done in two ways:
> DSP squelch generation or hardware COS (carrier sensing).  This selection
> is
> made in the usbradio.conf file.
>
> Audio and DSP sensing levels are adjusted with the 'radio tune' utility,
> as
> described in http://app-rpt.qrvc.com/usbradio.pdf
>
> The files iax.conf and extensions.conf also need additions to support
> app-rpt operation.
>
> The best documentation that I have found are the sample conf files (and
> the
> C source code) which show every option.  The question is: Which options
> does
> one need?
>
> I am sure that many members of this list would provide you with copies of
> their customized conf files for you to study.  If you wish mine, please
> contact me off-list.
>
> An important consideration is the point from which you extract the audio
> from your receiver.  If you wish to use DSP squelch generation and CTCSS
> detection, the audio should be taken prior to the de-emphasis network, i.e
> .
> the discriminator.
>
> Je vous souhaite la bonne chance!
>
> David
> VE7MQ.

Ce mail est envoyé depuis un compte gmail temporaire. Pour être lu
rapidement, veuillez envoyer un mail à mon adresse permanente :
guillaume.devoyon at f8arr.org.