[App_rpt] Thanks and Questions

marshall at cal-net.org marshall at cal-net.org
Thu Mar 13 15:41:32 UTC 2008

Greetings,

First off, I wanted to thank everyone for such a great system that you
guys have put together. It just blows me away how much work has been put
into this project.  From the install scripts for the OS and software to
the tuning software for levels and signals on the USB FOB.  I was amazed
at how good the tuning scripts worked when I went through the radio tuning
setup.  All I can say is "Unbelievable!" <GRIN>

I have a few questions, the first regarding the usbradio.conf file and one
of the configuration settings in that file.

I see this explanation in the usbradio.conf.sample file.

eeprom=1            ; 1 = Indicates that an EEPROM internal to the radio

I see this setting in my usbradio.conf file.

eeprom=0            ; unless you have a cable w/eeprom

Is this talking about the URI FOB with the eeprom in it?
Just got done with my install tonight and am using the URI FOB, should I
change this setting from a 0 to a 1? Or is this setting for something
else?

Also, when you get done doing the radio tuning procedure as documented by
Steve Henke in "The Asterisk with app_rpt Server Installation Process"
(page 7), and you save the configuration by using the CLI command "radio
tune save" , where does that file get saved to? The eeprom on the URI FOB?
 Or somewhere else?  Just wondering.

Thanks, for your help.

Node 2067 is online and working great with the URI FOB and a Motorola M120
radio.

I am having fun and learning.

Marshall - ke6pcv