[App_rpt] Recording repeater audio

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at vkradio.com
Thu Oct 2 21:41:35 UTC 2008

At 05:57 AM 10/3/2008, you wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>Does anyone know a way of recording the traffic (audio)  in / out of
>the node and saving it as a file ( MP3 or whatever ) on the node hard drive?
>
>Something along the lines of Scanrec, which is a windows application
>with built in Vox and timestamps, would be ideal but I wanted to
>avoid having another machine involved.
>
>Anyone any ideas or thoughts on how this could be done - I should
>add that I'm a complete newbie!

If there's a soundcard built into the system, you could use that to
record the audio from the node,  Connect the audio from the Asterisk
system to a Y splitter, so you can pick the audio off and feed it to
the Line In on the soundcard.  Then there's a bunch of commandline
programs that could be used to record, or alternatively, setup a
streaming audio feed.

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com