[App_rpt] Error on asterisk box

Stephen Rodgers hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Tue Oct 7 14:06:32 UTC 2008

Jon,

This sounds to me like a problem in the PC itself.

This is a shot in the dark: the APIC's on on some PC's are flaky under
linux.

You could try adding noapic to the kernel boot line in /etc/grub.conf:

> # grub.conf generated by anaconda
> #
> # Note that you do not have to rerun grub after making changes to this file
> # NOTICE:  You do not have a /boot partition.  This means that
> #          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /, eg.
> #          root (hd0,0)
> #          kernel /boot/vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/hda1
> #          initrd /boot/initrd-version.img
> #boot=/dev/hda
> default=0
> timeout=5
> splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
> hiddenmenu
> title CentOS (2.6.18-92.1.13.el5)
>         root (hd0,0)
>         kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-92.1.13.el5 ro noapic root=LABEL=/
>         initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.18-92.1.13.el5.img
> title CentOS (2.6.18-53.el5)
>         root (hd0,0)
>         kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-53.el5 ro root=LABEL=/
>         initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.18-53.el5.img

I have an IBM box which does has to have this done in order to stay
working. The groub.conf above is from that box.

Steve
WA6ZFT