[App_rpt] asterisk console commands missing?

Eric Fort eric.fort at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 05:02:50 UTC 2008

I've done some looking at this since I first posted it's still a bit of a
puzzle to me.  it seems that all the modules are not being loaded despite
the fact that modules.conf contains autoload=yes.  The cli output and the
modules.conf file are below:

Eric
af6ep

[root at af6ep-allstar asterisk]# cat modules.conf
;
; Asterisk configuration file
;
; Module Loader configuration file
;

[modules]
autoload=yes
noload=chan_oss.so
noload=chan_alsa.so
noload=chan_phone.so

[global]

af6ep-allstar*CLI> module show
Module                         Description                              Use
Count
res_musiconhold.so             Music On Hold Resource                   0
res_speech.so                  Generic Speech Recognition API           0
res_features.so                Call Features Resource                   0
res_monitor.so                 Call Monitoring Resource                 0
res_adsi.so                    ADSI Resource                            0
res_smdi.so                    Simplified Message Desk Interface (SMDI) 0
res_crypto.so                  Cryptographic Digital Signatures         0
res_agi.so                     Asterisk Gateway Interface (AGI)         0
res_indications.so             Indications Resource                     0
app_sayunixtime.so             Say time                                 0
codec_g726.so                  ITU G.726-32kbps G726 Transcoder         0
func_strings.so                String handling dialplan functions       0
pbx_realtime.so                Realtime Switch                          0
app_cdr.so                     Tell Asterisk to not maintain a CDR for  0
app_sms.so                     SMS/PSTN handler                         0
codec_a_mu.so                  A-law and Mulaw direct Coder/Decoder     0
app_page.so                    Page Multiple Phones                     0
format_vox.so                  Dialogic VOX (ADPCM) File Format         0
app_echo.so                    Simple Echo Application                  0
app_channelredirect.so         Channel Redirect                         0
chan_usbradio.so               usb Console Channel Driver               0
21 modules loaded