[App_rpt] custom_on and custum_off equivalents in app_rpt

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) Ramesh at va3uv.com
Mon Sep 22 13:08:12 UTC 2008

Hi Folks;

Does anyone know how to trigger a script or macro once an app_rpt
connection has been established / disconnected? (similar to the irlp
custom_on and off script)?

With Scott's help, I have been trying various configurations over the
past week; the latest config' is with the irlp board as the 'master'
interface between the PC and the repeater controller and app_rpt
connected to the rtpDir bridge.

IRLP allows one to turn the aux outputs on and off (through custom_on
and off), further it also 'touches' a file $LOCAL/active (from
memory.... I'm on the train!).  You can then look for this file in other
scripts to determine whether the node is active or not.

Creating that file is no big deal.... just need to figure out a hook
into app_rpt to signal when a connection is active, and when the node is
idle.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Ramesh.