[App_rpt-users] Using a Sprint Broadband U727 dongle with the i3386 v1.0.7-test image

James Nessen nessenj at jimsoffice.org
Tue Apr 14 16:25:28 UTC 2009

I can't speak for the sprint card, but i've had no issues with my
verizon um175.  i would check to see if it created /etc/ppp/peers/
verizon instead of /etc/ppp/peers/sprint

Jim

On Apr 13, 2009, at 10:49 PM, Mark Guibord wrote:

> Has anyone successfully used the U727 with i3386 v1.0.7-test image?
>
> I loaded the virgin image and went through the setup script and
> selected PPP for the network interface and it completed without any
> problems. During the reboot I get the message “pppd: Can’t open
> options file /etc/ppp/peers/sprint: no such file or directory”.

Jim Nessen K6JWN
Email: nessenj at jimsoffice.org | Ph: 530.979.0894
IRLP: Nodes 3598 and 3633 | Echolink: 83598 K6JWN-R | AllStar: Nodes
2142 and 2165