[App_rpt-users] Using a Sprint Broadband U727 dongle with the i3386 v1.0.7-test image

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) Ramesh at va3uv.com
Thu Apr 16 15:27:10 UTC 2009

Jim Duuuude wrote:
> I have, from a virgin load, got the sprint card to work fine the first
> time every time
> I have ever done it.

<-- Hi Jim;  Interesting or very timely stuff! - Jon (VA3RQ) and I have
been discussing the Sprint U727 USB wireless 'fob' recently since BELL
Canada has just recently started to support this up here in the great
white north.  It's actually marketed here as the Novatel U727.

We are going to acquire a couple of units (from different providers) for
some site trials.  Could you please let us know what's required to set
these up under the ACID environment (e.g., PPPoE client, etc.)?  If you
can also share any experiences in terms of bandwidth that would be very
helpful as well.

Many thanks!

Ramesh.