[App_rpt-users] Gain adjustment for chan_rptDir

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) Ramesh at va3uv.com
Tue Aug 11 00:20:50 UTC 2009

Hi Steve / Jim;

I am working on node 2461, which is using chan_rtpdir to communicate to
the IRLP s/w / IRLP board.

I have set the IRLP audio levels to achieve the recommended 3.5kHz
deviation on Dave C's test tone.  IRLP audio therefore sounds quite
good.  However, audio from app_rpt is not so good.  I sent the test tone
from app_rpt and the tone resulted in 2kHz of deviation on the transmitter.

Hence, I'm wondering whether it's possible to add a similar 'rtprxgain'
and 'rtptxgain' variable to app_rpt to allow gain adjustment between
app_rpt and irlp when using rtpDir?

Thanks!

Ramesh.