[App_rpt-users] rpt_extnodes not updating...

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 22 22:35:15 UTC 2009

Once again, someone had a "better idea" and made a "security" change in Cpanel
and BROKE the distribution code running on nodes1.allstarlink.org.

I was able to make a horrible kludge to get it up temporarily while I find  new
hoster for it that DOES NOT USE CPANEL or anything like it!!! This makes about
the 4th time Ive had to spend hours coding around one of their "security patches".

So, for the time being, the rpt_extnodes file should be okay, but watch out, with the
way its working now, there is a tiny, i mean really tiny chance that the file that it
downloads to you may be truncated (not completely internally populated yet). I
have no control over this as it stands.

Thank you Cpanel, for ruining another day of my life!!!!

P.S. for those of you who have never had the "honor" of using Cpanel, or
even knowing what it is, its a front-end that hosting services generally use
for "hand-holding" their hosting users. Its a graphical do-it-yourself admin
interface.