[App_rpt-users] Two Node Problem

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Wed Aug 26 01:54:45 UTC 2009

Tim Sawyer wrote:
> Now that I have a second node registered, I'm having problems
> connecting to any Allstar nodes including to my other node. I get the
> function complete, the proper spoken connect message, and a single
> beep courtesy beep which used to be a double beep. But no audio or
> carrier comes out the other end when I key up. The other end doesn't
> speak a connect message either, but it does speak a disconnect message.
>
> Is the single beep courtesy tone indicating a problem? I'm thinking
> maybe I screwed up my dial plan. It looks like this...
>
> [globals]
> VOIPTERM=yourprovider
> HOMENPA=714
> ; NODE=2528
>
> [default]
> exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX2/${VOIPTERM}/${EXTEN},
> 40,L(180000:30000))
> exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,2,Hangup
>
> [radio-secure]
> ; exten => ${NODE},1,rpt,${NODE}
> exten => 2528,1,rpt,2528
> exten => 2535,1,rpt,2535
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Tim, WD6AWP
> :wq

What does the asterisk console print out when you try to connect
locally?, do you get the same thing when you try to connect to a
non-local node? Is asterisk restarting during the connect attempt?

You mentioned you were hearing single beeps. Is this a single tone
single beep or a dual tone single beep? Be default, a dual tone single
beep indicates nothing is linked and two single tone beeps indicates you
are linked.

Steve
WA6ZFT