[App_rpt-users] *just for fun* ACID app_rpt usbradio on 64bit Linux / 64bit Centos

Steve Gladden steve at michiganbroadband.com
Sun Dec 6 20:34:18 UTC 2009

On 12/1/2009 2:26 PM, Jim Duuuude wrote:
> Well, Id be interested in giving it a whirl. Personally, I dont have
> any 64 bit machines
> but if you let me log into yours, Id be happy to see what I can do.
>
> JIM WB6NIL
>

> > Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 12:45:34 -0500
> > From: steve at michiganbroadband.com
> > To: App_rpt-users at qrvc.com
> > Subject: [App_rpt-users] *just for fun* ACID app_rpt usbradio on
> 64bit Linux / 64bit Centos
> >
> > Is app_rpt zaptel usbradio and all supported or expected to work/not
> > work on a 64bit Linux installation?
> > Is it expected to work / not work?
> > I tried it just for fun and have not been able to get it to compile.
> > I need to know if I should be completely avoiding 64bit Linux or if I
> > should also be trying it out there as well.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Steve
> >

> > --
> > believed to be clean.

> --
> believed to be clean.
Hey Jim I gave it another go today on a 64Bit 2.2GHz AMD laptop..
Worked fine..

I installed Centos 5.4 x86_64 version completed all centos updates..
rebooted (with updated kernel)

Simply copied the files from and ACID install /etc/rc.d to the new system

Ran phase2.sh

Failed at first on asterisk compile but I took a wild guess and
installed the alsa-devel package and all worked perfectly fine after that..
re-ran phase2.sh and have a a working system.

Still have the same audio issues that I have reported previously in
other threads.. and will continue to work at that.

:-)

If you'd like any further info or still need to take a look at my
working system on Centos 5.4 64 bit please let me know..
Thanks you for your offer to help in getting it to compile..

That one went far to easy...

<off topic>
I'm still struggling a bit with kernel issues so I can give Dave's audio
fixes a try..  :-(
Mostly due to limited time I have not been successful at getting a
working kernel built from scratch yet
that will properly see and mount the ACID installed filesystem without a
kernel panic.

URGH!!

believed to be clean.