[App_rpt-users] no receive audio in iaxRpt

Steve Gebhard stevegebhard at cox.net
Thu Jul 23 16:47:57 UTC 2009

> From: "Dale J. Robertson" <dale at nap.us.com>
> Date: 2009/07/22 Wed PM 01:25:33 PDT
> To: App_rpt-users at qrvc.com
> Subject: [App_rpt-users] no receive audio in iaxRpt
>
> Hello,
> I am slowly but surely bringing up a remote Kenwood TS2000 using Limey
> linux with a URI
> I have successfully gone through the steps in the wiki to get the rx
> audio adjusted.
> iax-Rpt seems to be configured correctly and has no trouble connecting
> to my node.
> transmit control seems to be working as expected i.e. it properly keys
> up the rig.
> have not yet checked tx audio or deviation.
> I am using the COR output from the kenwood. it is open collector and
> active low.
> (measured 0.6 volts when receiver squelch is open 5.01 volts closed)
> everything looks like it should be working, But, for the life of me I
> have not been able to get any receive audio on the iaxRpt windows client.
> Win machine is XP sp3 on the same subnet as the limey box. there is an
> exception for iaxRpt in the windows firewall setup. tried with the
> firewall turned off there is still no audio.
> my usbradio.conf looks like this:
> ;
> ; Open Sound System Console Driver Configuration File
> ;
> [general]
>
> [usb]
>
> hdwtype=0               ; Leave this set to 0 for USB sound fobs
> modified using
>                         ; the instructions from usbfob.pdf. Use a setting of
>                         ; 1 is for Dingotel/Sph interfaces.
>
> rxboost=1         ; 0 = 20db attenuator inserted, 1= 20db attenuator removed
>                         ; Set to 1 for additonal gain if using a
> low-level receiver output
>
> rxctcssrelax=1          ; reduce talkoff from radios w/o CTCSS Tx HPF
>                         ; Do not change this, leave this as a 1
>
> txctcssdefault=100.0    ; default tx ctcss freq, any frequency permitted
> rxctcssfreqs=100.0      ; rx ctcss freqs in floating point. must be in table
> txctcssfreqs=100.0      ; tx ctcss freqs, any frequency permitted
>
> carrierfrom=usbinvert   ; no,usb,usbinvert,dsp,vox
>                         ; no - no carrier detection at all
>                         ; usb - from the COR line on the modified USB
> sound fob
>                         ; usbinvert - from the inverted COR line on the
> modified USB sound fob
>                         ; dsp - from RX noise using dsp techniques
>                         ; vox - voice activated from RX audio
>
> ctcssfrom=no            ; no,usb,dsp
>                         ; no - CTCSS decoding, system will be carrier
> squelch
>                         ; usb - CTCSS decoding using input from USB FOB
>                         ; (currently not supported)
>                         ; dsp - CTCSS decoding using RX audio in DSP.
>                         ; rxdemod option must be set to flat for this to
> work.
>
> rxdemod=flat            ; input type from radio: no,speaker,flat
>                         ; no - RX audio input not used
>                         ; flat - Use RX audio from discriminator
> [...]
It should work after commenting these lines out:

txctcssdefault=100.0
rxctcssfreqs=100.0
txctcssfreqs=100.0

With CTCSS set to no, you'd think commenting these is not required, but it is (at least for now).

Steve
WA6ZFT

Dale, if you are using a DMK URI, invert the txmixa and txmixb settings.  that URI defaults TX audio to channel B, I had the same problem.

73's Steve WB9STH