[App_rpt-users] How to prevent incoming connections

Jamison Judge jjudge at uci.edu
Sun Jun 7 09:28:56 UTC 2009

Hey Matt,

There are a couple of different ways I can think of to temporarily disable
incoming connections. There's a dtmf function cop,12 (and an lnkdis control
state) that apparently disables user linking functions. Now I've never used
those before, so I'm not sure if it disables all linking (incoming and
outgoing) or just disables the local outgoing link commands. I'm sure the
devs could shed a little more light on that subject, but hey, why not give
it a shot?

Another real quick and easy way would be to comment out the entire [radio]
section in /etc/asterisk/iax.conf. This would literally make asterisk stop
listening for incoming connections. You could make a quick little shell
script that renames files to switch between two iax.conf files, your
original one and one with that section commented out, and even run it on an
automatic schedule if you wanted.

Let me know if you wanna know more about that,

Jamison

KI6VCE