[App_rpt-users] Calling a shell script via DTMF

Matt Beasant g4rky at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 9 17:51:08 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I'm wondering what the syntax is to call a shell script from a DTMF command
in app_rpt - or even if this is possible?

What I'm trying to do is a variation on the method described by Steve
earlier to inhibit incoming calls.

What I intend to to is this:

When the user keys a specific DTMF code, have a script run which renames
IRLP.conf as somethingelse.conf ad then restart asterisk, so effectively
disabling IRLP part of the node. I will do the same with Echolink but with a
different code.....

I've tried using the dialplan to call some announcements just to see if it
worked  - it didnt!

Here is what I put in my dialplan ( I tried under Default and also
Radio-secure stanzas )

exten => *990,1,Answer
exten => *990,n,Wait 1
exten => *990,n,Playback,rpt/connected
exten => *990,n,Playback,rpt/functioncomplete
exten => *990,n,Hangup

So, I wonder what I'm doing wrong here - I thought I'd try and get this
working before going on to use the *990,n,system(script_directory/script)
method.

Is it possible to call a system command from rpt.conf instead?

Thanks for all your patience!

Matt
G4RKY