[App_rpt-users] Calling a shell script via DTMF

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Fri Jun 12 14:28:55 UTC 2009

Don Russell wrote:
> If you have link set with (ilink,13) up and issue a cop,49 will whatever was linked stay up?
> I think quite a few of us run into the "we want to link to X  and X only.Keep it up, but don't allow
> anyone else to connect via any method"  ie our local NWS or *WX_TALK* via echolink, or maybe an IRLP reflector.
>
> Also can the list be fixed so when you reply, it goes back to the list not the sender?
>
> Don
> W9DRR
>
>> There's no easy way to do this without making a mess of it. So I added
>> two new COP functions to app_rpt.c to disable incoming connections and
>> enable incoming connections. cop,49 disables Allstar, IRLP and Echolink
>> connections, and cop,50 enables them. You must have app_rpt.c version
>> 0.188 or later for this to work. App_rpt.c version 0.188 will show up on
>> the public SVN server shortly.
>>
>> Steve
>> WA6ZFT

No. This is a simple fix and is not that elaborate. If a node is already
linked, then the connection will stay up as long as the network path is
there, and the calling node does not disconnect. cop,49 prevents new
incoming connections from nodes but does not disconnect established
connections.

To do what you want to do, please consider using extension logic,
and switch in filtering statements using the caller ID mechanism when
you only want a selected number of nodes to connect.

P.S. Please bottom post as the thread posts are then in ascending
post time order.

Steve
WA6ZFT