[App_rpt-users] Fwd: Replacing an IRLP node with App-rpt node

Matt Beasant g4rky at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 30 21:43:14 UTC 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matt Beasant <g4rky at yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 2009/3/30
Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] Replacing an IRLP node with App-rpt node
To: "Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV)" <Ramesh at va3uv.com>

Hi there Ramesh and thanks for the reply.
Yes, been a bit busy here - the financial year ends here on 5th April and so
its panic time to try and get all the sites on the air!

Thanks for all the info in your email - I'm still a little unsure of a
couple of things so please bear with me ....

I can edit the crontab as you suggest but how do I control App_rpt from the
crontab? What do I put as the command line to make Asterisk play out the
file? I assume I have to use root's crontab?

In your dialplan example, I see the extension referred to is 96 - is that
the DTMF code I dial to activate that script or do I need to put something
in rpt.conf to call to the dialplan?

You say you can call the playback command from the cron and / or the
dialplan - how does one do this and what DTMF code or other trigger can be
used to call the playback command?

Thanks again for your help Ramesh and sorry for the (still) noob questions!
Still trying to get my head around how app_rpt and Asterisk stitch together!

Cheers and hope to speak soon.

Matt
G4RKY

Hi Matt;